At The O’Gorman Garden, our mission is to promote the joy of learning, spiritual growth, imagination, and self-confidence in young children.
We offer morning and afternoon programs for children 2.9 years of age to 5 years of age. Our program is free or subsidized for those who cannot afford to attend otherwise.
We utilize the Montessori method of teaching, a child-centered educational approach that values the human spirit and development of the whole child – physical, social, emotional, and cognitive.
At The O’Gorman Garden, we value:
- Group and independent learning in mixed-age groups
- An aesthetically pleasing, nurturing learning environment
- Positive attachment to teachers
- Brain-based learning
- Joyful living and learning
- Freedom for independent thought and style
- Developmentally engaging and challenging activity
We focus on enrichment of the whole child including reading, writing, and math and foreign language skills; exploration of fine art, science, gardening/nature, field trips, and yoga.